Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hand Sculpted Jewelry


Last night, I made my second Etsy purchase, and I cannot wait until it arrives! Just like the beautiful fingerless gloves that we ordered for my birthday, I wanted something equally special and unique for Valentine's Day. It is very important to me to support the handmade community.

Let me tell you, the wonderful artisans at Etsy do not make it easy to choose just one gift. After much deliberation, I narrowed it down to one shop: Hand Sculpted Jewelry.

I felt an instant connection with the artist, Tammy's, rings, and two in particular stood out. The above photo of the Golden Topaz ring is the one that I selected in the end.

It might seem an odd choice, given that this isn't my birthstone. To that I say, I am a liberated being, and I can choose whichever stone speaks to me! The yellow just popped. It's such a happy ring. These days, yellow seems to be my new spirit-lifting colour of choice.

I'm grateful that I have met Tammy, the artist. She's just delightful, and very accommodating. All of her pieces are unique, and she'll work with you to create a custom size and colour scheme if you're looking for something in particular.

She also happens to have a Valentine's sale going on. It lasts from now until the 14th of February, Valentine's Day itself. A $50 purchase will net you free shipping, $75 will grant you a $10 gift certificate, and $100 gets you a $20 gift certificate.

She even throws in a complimentary gift box, and you only pay the cost of shipping one item, even if you purchase multiples. Again, I cannot wait until my ring arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment